Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler

"Let the good times roll!"

Monday, March 8, 2010

My Oscar Best Dressed Picks

Last night’s Academy Awards was entertaining, classy and a true celebration of Hollywood’s talent. But I can’t help but feel it lacked the “WOW” factor. Maybe it’s the economy, but the stars didn’t seem as studded as usual.

My favorite dress overall was Maggie Gyllenhaal's strapless, blue, hand-painted Dries van Noten gown. Now it wasn’t the most show-stopping red carpet dress ever, but I think it was my favorite because it is something I could see actually wearing and owning (not that I could afford it).

Second place would have to go to Elizabeth Banks in chiffon Versace with a corset top and ruffled bottom.

I feel like both Sandra Bullock and Kate Winslet looked sleek and amazing - I think they tie for third. Sandra in a lace-bodice gown from Marchesa with shoulder detail (I love the way it tapers and drapes at the bootom)…
And Kate in an Yves Saint Laurent gown with structured bodice and fluid skirt….

And lastly, I loved Rachel McAdams wearing Elie Saab Haute Couture with a pleated bodice and sweetheart neckline – I feel it really suited her.

No comments:

Post a Comment